A shoulder dislocation is one of the most traumatic and excruciating experiences when it comes to injuries. It causes bruising, swelling, severe pain, and in some cases, muscle spasms. The recuperating process is long and often takes a toll on the mind, body, and spirit. We have managed to figure out a fun way to make the recovery period less painful. CBD gummies! Yes, you read that right. These tiny and colorful gummies happen to be surprisingly effective in pain management.
Cannabidiol or CBD, an ingredient derived from the Cannabis Sativa plant found in these gummy edibles, is widely known to alleviate certain types of joint pain. You can buy CBD-infused gummies online. Read on to discover how these miraculous little treats can help you get back on the road to recovery.
Benefits of CBD gummies
CBD is organic, safe, and effective in treating shoulder pain and inflammation commonly associated with a dislocation. A study carried out by NCBI suggested that this compound might be a safe therapeutic option to treat the affected area locally and prevent acute inflammatory flares that could arise as side effects.
Here are a few well-known benefits of CBD.
● Improves Bone Health
While doctors have always recommended surgery and prescription drugs to treat dislocated shoulders, there has been a focus on non-invasive and non-addictive options like CBD administration. “Cannabinoid receptors found in our bodies help enhance bone growth and prevent the loss of bone minerals,” confirmed a scientific report from the Tel Aviv and Hebrew Universities.
● Alleviates Pain
Imagine having to search for that pain relief spray, balm, or roll-on multiple times a day. Sounds exhausting, right? You can now pop a gummy anytime and let the edible do its magic. CBD has shown great potential in managing chronic pain, and what’s more, most people can tolerate it well.
● Reduces Inflammation
Studies have shown that CBD (a non-intoxicating phytocannabinoid) mitigates several inflammatory conditions, including arthritis. Who knew that a gummy bear could help you get rid of inflammation and enable you to sleep well at night?
● Relaxes muscles
CBD acts as an excellent muscle relaxant. In addition, its antispasmodic properties soothe muscle problems in the shoulder area and improve shoulder mobility.
Apart from the remedies mentioned above, CBD modulates serotonin levels in the body and is popularly used as an antidepressant to treat anxiety-related and stress disorders.
Types of CBD available in the market
While you can find several CBD-infused gummies for sale, you should be aware of the three broad types of CBD usually manufactured.
- Full-spectrum – This CBD gummy type contains most of the components of the Cannabis plant. Be warned, though. There could be THC (or tetrahydrocannabinol) present in minute quantities. The FDA only permits CBD products with THC levels equal to or less than 0.3 percent.
- Broad-spectrum – Broad-spectrum CBD edibles are infused with oil extracts from the hemp plant and contain zero THC. It does not give a “high” that is commonly associated with THC.
- CBD Isolate – Gummies containing CBD Isolate have 99 percent pure CBD with no other Cannabis compounds like terpenes, cannabinoids, flavonoids, proteins, and THC.
Do keep in mind that these edibles may cause side effects or react with other medication you take, including blood thinners. They also take a considerable amount of time to kick in as the compounds are absorbed through the digestive system first.
Possible side effects of CBD gummies
Although often tolerated well, CBD gummies for anxiety contain some active ingredients that determine the side effects they cause.
The most common side effects include:
- Dry mouth
- Reduced appetite
- Weight change
How much is too much? Also, what if your gummies have a high THC content?
Experts recommend beginning with a small dose and increase it until you get the desired effect. Most gummy packs come with instructions mentioned on the packaging. However, factors like age, gender, type and severity of the condition, ingredients, CBD variety, and bodily chemical balances must be taken into account. Dosing on CBD will not cause psychoactive effects; hence, it is less risky. However, consuming too much will bring about fatigue.
It is essential to know that CBD edibles with THC produce the most intense effects. An edible can cause a high that would last over six hours. A typical ten-piece gummy package may contain 100 mg of THC or 10 mg of THC per gummy. Thus, you should begin with a mild dose, somewhere between 2.5 to 5 mg, and increase as needed. While starting, you should try to consume these gummies in the early evening since CBD can make you feel drowsy. Do keep in mind that certain states are opposed to the sale and consumption of THC in any form. Do a little research on the local laws of your state regarding cannabis use before purchasing the edibles.
Which CBD gummies should you buy?
You must consider a few points before making the purchase.
- Look for a Certificate of Analysis (or COA) from a third party on the company website. In this way, you will find verified information about the quality of the CBD gummies.
- Study the company’s manufacturing processes.
- Find out about the certifications and licenses associated with the manufacturing company.
- CBD is quite bitter to taste, and gummies can have copious amounts of sugar to disguise the taste.
- Always read the product label. Watch out for added flavors, additives, or compounds that you may not require. Some types may contain allergens or strange ingredients that may cause allergies to you.
- Hunt for organic and domestically produced gummies to avoid exposure to pesticides and harmful chemicals.
Although there is no medical confirmation of the utility of CBD gummies in the healthcare sphere, people have shared abundant anecdotes about how the gummies have helped them relieve pain and physical distress. Most users report that CBD has a strong placebo effect, and it has been credited for minimizing over-dependence on painkillers.
Choose a CBD product that is harmless and meets your requirements. Remember, the healing process for a shoulder dislocation can be slow and painful. Therefore, you need to give the gummies enough time to produce the desired results. In the meantime, go ahead and spoil yourself with these easy munchable bites of joy!