MIAMI – Miami-Dade County is currently under a Tropical Storm Warning and a Flood Watch. Miami-Dade Emergency Operations Center-EOC will be at a Level 1 full activation, effective noon on Monday, August 18th.
Residents are advised that rain and wind will continue throughout the day and into the night.
Miami-Dade County has a number of closings to announce:
• Public schools will be closed tomorrow.
• Miami-Dade Courts will be closed tomorrow.
• Miami-Dade County offices will close today at 1 p.m. County offices will also be closed tomorrow.
• Miami-Dade County Health Department will close today at 1 pm.
• State Attorney’s Office will close today at 1 p.m.
• Early voting is suspended today and tomorrow.
• Tolls have been lifted in Miami-Dade County and northbound on the Turnpike.
• Bridges will be on lockdown at 3 p.m.
At noon, the American Red Cross will open three shelters for those who want to voluntarily evacuate. They are:
• Dr. Michael Krop Senior High School, 1410 NE 215th Street. This is a pet-friendly shelter.
• Robert Morgan Educational Center, 18180 SW 122nd Avenue
• Hialeah Senior High School, 251 East 47th Street
County services remain uninterrupted
• Miami-Dade Transit Buses, Metrorail and Metromover are operating as normal, and will continue to operate until winds reach 39 miles per hour.
• Miami International Airport is open.
Travel will be suspended if winds exceed 50 miles per hour. Check with your carrier prior to traveling.
• Port of Miami will be closed to in bound truck traffic at 4:30 p.m.
• Garbage pick-up continues, and will continue to operate until winds reach 39 miles per hour.