VIEUX FORT, St. Lucia – Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, a premier Caribbean resort for destination weddings and intimate honeymoons, has partnered with the St Lucia Air & Sea Ports Authority to refurbish the historic Cape Moule à Chique lighthouse, just a short drive from the resort on the southernmost corner of the island.
Today, the resort is encouraging couples to submit their love stories and enter themselves into Coconut Bay Beach Resort’s Dream Wedding and Honeymoon contest. The winning couple will be the first-ever to tie the knot atop the historic location where the Caribbean Sea and Atlantic Ocean meet. Engaged couples have until April 30, to submit their applications online: http://www.cbayresort.com/dreamWedding.asp
“St. Lucia is a leading honeymoon and wedding destination and Coconut Bay wants to offer couples something new,” said Mark Adams, president of National Continental Hotels, parent company of Coconut Bay. “Coconut Bay recently saw an opportunity to provide a one-of-a-kind venue for destination weddings and actively supported the restoration of the Cape Moule à Chique lighthouse. We are also adding an intimate wedding gazebo to provide a spectacular spot for wedding ceremonies.”
Cape Moule à Chique is the second highest lighthouse in the world, and guests of Coconut Bay will have exclusive rights to celebrate their wedding or renewal of vows at the historic lighthouse built high above the Caribbean Sea.
To commemorate the first lighthouse wedding this fall, Coconut Bay has partnered with Jasmine Bridal to offer a complete wedding and honeymoon giveaway for one lucky couple and their guests. Jasmine Bridal is a leading designer of bridal, bridesmaids and special occasion’s gowns. The winning couple will receive all the roses and rice that come with a destination wedding at Coconut Bay.
The complete wedding and honeymoon package includes:
• Couple’s roundtrip airfare compliments of Coconut Bay
• All-inclusive accommodations for two at Coconut Bay
• CocoMoon honeymoon for bride and groom at Coconut Bay
• Complete wedding ceremony at the Cape Moule à Chique lighthouse
• Jasmine Bridal dresses for bride and bridal party – one bridal gown, four bridesmaids dresses and two mother-of-the bride/groom dresses
• Couples spa treatments at the Kai Mer Spa
• Private island tour of St. Lucia for two
• Wedding photography
• Cocktail reception for 20 friends and family
• Private dinner reception for 20 friends and family
• Discounted accommodations rate for members of the wedding party
After their big day, the bride and groom will be treated to an all-inclusive CocoMoon – Coconut Bay’s signature honeymoon experience. The happy couple can also enjoy island excursions such as horseback riding on the beach, zip-lining through the rainforest, off-road adventures aboard all-terrain vehicles and snorkeling in the Caribbean Sea. Bride and groom may also document their lighthouse wedding experience at Coconut Bay by blogging online at www.cbayresort.com.