MIAMI – Sandy Dorsainvil serves as the Managing Director for the Little Haiti Cultural Complex (LHCC). LHCC is one of Miami’s premiere art destinations that features and celebrates the art of the African Diaspora with a special emphasis on the Haitian art experience. Ms. Dorsainvil is the Executive Director of the Haitian Cultural Arts Alliance, an arts institution that produces fine art exhibition for over 20 years. Some of their noted exhibitions include, Urban Zen, a collaboration with fashion icon Donna Karen of Haitian artisanal work.
The Complex includes a black box theatre, fine art gallery, a National Basketball Association (NBA) Learn and Play Center, the Caribbean Marketplace, and the Haitian Cultural Arts Alliance Archive that features original maps of Christopher Columbus’, a collection of Haitian literary works and other rare artifacts and art pieces.
Ms. Dorsainvil also served as the Marketing Specialist for Broward County Public Schools, Career, Technical, Adult and Community Education Department (2006-2011). She obtained a Bachelor of Arts in History from Howard University and is pursuing her Masters in Educational Leadership and Marketing at Lynn University.
Sandy has worked in the non-profit sector for over twenty years, facilitating cultural events targeting Caribbean communities. Ms. Dorsainvil is also a board member of the Caribbean-American Cultural Preservation Society and the Northeast Second Avenue Partnerships. She also a former member of Arts and Entertainment council of the City of Miami.
Her most celebrated projects include:
- John S. and James L Knight Foundation Knight Arts Challenge Winner 2014
- NBA Cares Center Recipient 2014
- The Haitian American Professionals Coalition, Executive Director (2011-2013). Coordinated and facilitated the annual work retreat for HAPC’s 15 core organizations
- The Haitian Youth of Tomorrow (HAYOT) Youth Conference and voter registration campaign 2012.
- World Building Facilitators, affordable housing campaign in Dakar, Senegal 2011.
- The ResCare Workforce Gap Analysis symposium in Port-au-Prince, Haiti (2010)
- Broward County Schools Career and Technical Education Student Conference (2007-2011)
Ms. Dorsainvil is an innovative program facilitator. She understands the cultural nuances of the Caribbean, specializing in the Haitian art movement. She is an expert at creating programs and events that capture the artistic contributions.