ATLANTA – Delta Air Lines has added to its current schedule to seven Caribbean destinations to satisfy the rising demand for warm destinations during the winter season.
Starting Dec. 20, 2008 Delta will add nonstop service from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to each of the following destinations where it already offers service:
– Aruba (second daily flight);
– George Town, Cayman Islands (second Saturday flight);
– Montego Bay, Jamaica (third daily flight);
– Providenciales; Turks and Caicos (second Saturday flight);
– Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (second daily flight); and
– St. Maarten (second Saturday flight).
Delta also will add four weekly flights between Atlanta and St. Thomas effective Dec. 18. Schedule details are available at delta.com.
“The Caribbean is a perennial favorite spot for tourists during the winter months, and Delta is making it easier and more convenient for customers to reach their preferred beach destination,” said Miguel Lopez, regional director of Sales for Central America and the Caribbean for Delta.
In December, Delta also will inaugurate new year-round nonstop service between New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Buenos Aires, Argentina** (Dec. 18); Atlanta and Tegucigalpa, Honduras** (Dec. 18); New York-JFK and Bonaire** (Dec. 20), and Atlanta and Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic (Dec. 20).