WASHINGTON, DC – On Tuesday, June 11th Shortly after 10:00AM at wh.gov/LIVE, the President will deliver remarks in the East Room reiterating his strong support for commonsense reform legislation to fix our broken immigration system, and the economic and national security benefits that reform will deliver.
At the event the President will again praise the bipartisan progress that continues to be made in the Senate, which has its first floor vote on the bill this week, and highlight the broad coalition of leaders who agree that the shared principles of strengthening and increasing border security, providing an earned path to citizenship, holding employers accountable, and bringing our immigration system into the 21st century must be central to any effort.
Joining the President at the event will be law enforcement representatives, business and labor leaders, faith leaders, and Republican and Democratic elected officials who are all also calling on the Senate to pass a bill that meets these important principles.
Those joining the President tomorrow include:
• Chief William Bratton, Former Chief of Police, LAPD and NYPD
• Paul Bridges, Mayor of Uvalda, Georgia
• Tom Donahue, President and CEO, US Chamber of Commerce
• Steve Case, President and CEO, Revolution LLC
• Julian Castro, Mayor, San Antonio, Texas
• Luis Cortes, President, Esperanza USA
• Barrett Duke, Director of the Research Institute, Southern Baptist Convention
• Sheriff Adrian Garcia, Harris County, Texas
• Carlos Gutierrez, Former Secretary of Commerce
• Mary Kay Henry, International President, SEIU
• Marlon Hill, Former President of the Caribbean Bar Association
• Gary Loveman, President and CEO, Caesars Entertainment
• Sheriff Margaret Mims, Fresno County, California
• Mee Moua, President and Executive Director, Asian American Justice Center
• Gabriela Pacheco, DREAMer and Director, The Bridge Project
• Charles Ramsey, Philadelphia Police Commissioner
• Richard Trumka, President, AFL-CIO
• Tolu Olubunmi, DREAMer