- This event has passed.
Caribbean American Heritage Month Cultural Celebration at Las Olas Oceanside
June 24 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Building off our four pillars of engagement “F.A.M.E.”, and a mission to provide Infinite Experience for Everyone Under the Sun, the inaugural Caribbean American Heritage Month Cultural Celebration at Las Olas Oceanside Park will showcase the exciting FOOD, ART, MUSIC, and ENTERTAINMENT.
Local Food Vendors, Restaurants & Food Trucks
- Alexandra’s Caribbean Restaurant – Caribbean Cuisine
- Backa’ Yard – Caribbean Soul Food – Jamaican Cuisine
- Coconut Bar – Coconut Water & Coconut Ice Cream
- Coco Market – Coconut Water & Coconut Ice Cream
- Cuz & Dem Seafood Shack – Caribbean Conch
- Dynamic Cuisines – Jamaican Cuisine
- Fresh Organics & More – Caribbean Fruit Smoothies & Fresh Cut Fruit
- Nocturnal – Jamaican Jerk Cuisine ( Seafood )
ARTISTS & MAKERS: Spotlight Caribbean
Plus a full marketplace of 4-dozen local food, art, and makers
- CC Clip Designs – ( Bahamas ) – Handmade & Custom Designed Sarongs & Custom Clips
- Erena’s Closet ( Cuba ) Handmade Linen Clothing & Macrame Accessories
- Gama Sabedra Gallery – ( Cuba ) Artist, Yennit Hernández
- Kens Jammin’ Jelly – Scotch Bonnet & Mango Jellies
- La Moda Accessories ( Haiti ) – Custom Designed Fashion Jewelry
- Melna Skin ( Haiti ) – Artisan Soap Bars
- Rêve Jewelry & Accessories ( Jamaica ) Handmade Jewelry & Accessories
- Rich and Clear Spa ( Haiti ) Beauty Products; Photo Ops & Giveaways
- Sea Moss for Life ( St Lucia ) Seamoss Gels and Drinks
- Tessie’s Teas ( Jamaica ) All Natural Teas
FOR THE KIDS
- Sunday: Colors of the Caribbean with Haitian-American Artist, Djerlins “DJ” Chery
Music and Dance are a central part of the Caribbean culture.
From Calypso, Reggae, and Soca to Salsa, Merengue, and Dancehall the tropical beats of the Islands will keep the party going all weekend long.
Saturday, June 24
- 10:00 – 11:30: Oriente Cuban Trio
- 11:30 – 1:00: 4 time Grammy Winner, Tomasito Cruz Quartet
- 2:00 – 3:30: Diva All Stars Cuban Quintet
- Cooking Demonstrations with Taste of the Islands Chef Irie, sponsored by GraceFoods and Royal Prestige
Sunday, June 25
- 10 am – 11:00 am Socaton Workout with the South Florida Caribbean Conference in honor of Men’s Health Month
- 11:00 – 3:30 pm DJ Gangalee
- 1:30 – 3:00 pm Singer/Songwriter, Julien Believe
- Junkanoo Dance Performances & More
Want to submit an event to be displayed on our event calendar?
Click the button below to give us your event details: