Hyatt Regency Trinidad Champions Community Development With Give Back Campaign
Port of Spain, Trinidad – Hyatt Regency Trinidad, the Caribbean’s leading business hotel, encourages its employees to take part in community service throughout the year by sponsoring events, donating to non-profit organizations and encouraging healthy lifestyles.
Global corporate responsibility continues to be a growing trend as hotels recognize the importance of giving back to the local community and environment.
All of these efforts are supported by Hyatt’s corporate responsibility program, Hyatt Thrive, which helps ensure that the company, its hotels, employees and communities grow thoughtfully.
“We aim for all facets of our work to enhance the local community and environment, while instilling a greater level of camaraderie amongst our team, which ultimately translates into a better guest experience,” said Hyatt Regency Trinidad General Manager Russell George. “Our team continues to lead by example by working hard to enrich Port of Spain and the surrounding communities.”
Hyatt Regency Trinidad’s Hyatt Thrive highlights of 2016 include:
- 25 Hyatt Associates and their families participated the Health & Wellness Walk Sunday, March 13th, 2016 to create awareness of the importance of personal health & wellness.
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad hosted the ‘Day of Caring’ from Monday, April 4th through Friday, April 8th, 2016, which associations donated non-perishable items that were donated to Rainbow Rescue home for boys, which houses socially displaced boys from the ages of 11-17.
- On May 22nd, 2016, the hotel participated in United Way’s ‘Day of Giving’ during which 45 Hyatt employees donated their time and resources for two days to repaint the exterior and perimeter walls of Rainbow Rescue home for boys.
- From June through October, each department embarks on a departmental activity of their own, keeping in line with the Thrive Pillars. Some employees plant trees, others spend time with children or the elderly and some participate in educational drives to spread awareness of initiatives including organ and blood donations. For the Christmas season, the hotel also partners with one of the organizations they work with during the year to support and bring some love and cheer to the community.
- During the months of July and August, Hyatt Regency Trinidad sponsored a Back to School Drive, encouraging associates to purchase stationery items and school supplies for boys staying at the Rainbow Rescue home to help them prepare for the upcoming school year.
As part of Hyatt Thrive, Hyatt associates come together in a brand-wide effort to improve the many communities around the world that they call home. This initiative empowers over 90,000 Hyatt associates at more than 480 hotels worldwide to help communities do one thing – thrive – by focusing on four areas:
- environmental sustainability
- economic development and investment
- education and personal advancement
- health and wellness