PIARCO, Trinidad – With increased customer loads, due in part to being the first airline in the world to rescind the fuel surcharge, Caribbean Airlines is pleased to announce a revised schedule that will be implemented from Jan 15, 2015 through to Feb 4, 2015. In addition to increased capacity and more non-stops, Caribbean Airlines is also expecting major cost savings from a more efficient schedule that will see better utilization of its 737 and 767 fleets. Many of the changes will focus on its Port of Spain hub at Piarco Airport, where improved connection times will make it easier for our guests to connect to/from various points in our network.
Some highlights of the new schedule changes include the following:
- The launch of a new daily non-stop between Trinidad and New York featuring the first wide-body aircraft on the route, timed to provide an end-of-business day flight to the Big Apple.
- A new daily departure on the Trinidad/New York route, increasing to 3 daily non-stops in each direction. With the one-stop service on this route, frequencies will increase to 48 per week – more than triple any other airline.
- The popular Georgetown/New York route is increased to daily non-stops in both directions. Frequencies over Trinidad are improved with daily through flights to/from Toronto, Miami and New York.
- As the only airline offering non-stops from Trinidad to London, Caribbean is increasing the frequencies, effective Feb 4, 2014 to four weekly flights.
- Termination of Toronto-Georgetown non-stop flights (2 per week) effective 1st March 2015 – but replaced by a daily through flight in both directions.
Buoyed by the steep decline in its number one expense – aircraft fuel, Caribbean Airlines is confident that this new schedule will build on the airline’s goal to achieve profitability. The revised 767 flying patterns will see increased utilization and a more customer friendly schedule based solely on flights to/from its Trinidad hub.
Improved schedules go hand-in-hand with various product enhancements seen this past year such as; improved in-flight entertainment with new wall-to-wall screenings of the latest Hollywood releases, introduction of free digital headsets in all classes, a complimentary rum cocktail courtesy of world-famous El Dorado Rum and Nestle Orchard, hot meals on longer flights, free first checked-bag, and of course our renowned “Warmth of the Islands”. In early 2015 digital in-flight entertainment players are to be installed in the entire 737 fleet to improve the quality of screenings. Further enhancements to CAL’s product offering will be announced in 2015.