Launched in December 2004 South Florida Caribbean News (SFLCN) is a one-stop resource of news and information for the Caribbean-American consumer.
We provide timely news and information to our readers as our site is updated daily. In addition, we are a great medium for advertisers who are trying to reach the Caribbean-American audience.
Advertise With South Florida Caribbean News
Some posts contain references to products or services from one or more of our advertisers. We DO NOT receive compensation when you click on links to those products.
Connecting your brand through the Caribbean-American Culture
- Caribbean countries have relatively high proportions of their populations living abroad.
- As of 2015, the number of black immigrants in the United States has more than quadrupled since 1980 and is expected to continue to grow.
- The Census Bureau projects that by 2060, 16.5 percent of U.S. blacks will be immigrants.
- There are 3.8 million black immigrants in the US and is expected to reach 11.9 million by 2060.
- In 2009, the United States was home to 3.5 million immigrants from the Caribbean, who accounted for 9 percent of the total foreign-born population.
- The Caribbean-born population in the United States has increased more than 17-fold over the past 50 years.
- Over 90 percent of Caribbean immigrants were from Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Haiti, and Trinidad and Tobago in 2009.
- About 69 percent of all Caribbean immigrants resided in Florida and New York in 2009. Nearly four of every ten immigrants in Florida were born in the Caribbean.
The South Florida Caribbean-American Market
- Miami and Ft. Lauderdale has the 1st and 2nd largest Caribbean population in the United States.
- Caribbean-American Nationals Represented include: Bahamians, Jamaicans, Haitians, Trinidadians, Guyanese, St. Kitts & Nevis and St. Lucia
- Caribbean-American Nationals in South Florida make up at least 50% of the 940,000+ Blacks or African Americans.
- Total Population Broward County: 1,748,066
- Black or African American alone 467,519 (27%)
- 32% of Broward County residents come from a foreign country
- Total Population Miami Dade: 2,496,435
- Black or African American: 472,976 (19%)
- 34% of black residents in Miami are immigrants
- The Miami metro area has the largest share of black immigrants:
- 34% Miami
- 28% New York
- 15% Washington
- 28,000+ Native Born Jamaicans reside in Miami-Dade County
- 70,000+ Native Born Haitians reside in Miami-Dade County (nearly half of the black immigrant population in the Miami metro area).
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for rates and more information on how to reach this growing segment of the population.